Thank you for your interest in our grants program!
Our 2022 grant application period is now closed. Grant awards will be announced in August/Spetember. Our average grant award is in the range of $250-$500.
We have identified the following fields of interest for funding in 2022:
1) Rescue and shelter services–with an emphasis on programs that offer pet owner assistance in light of COVID-19
- Includes services for domestic/companion/farm animals
- Includes programs for feral/community cats
2) Wildlife Protection, Education and Rehabilitation Programs
To be considered for a grant from Ohio Animal Foundation an organization must:
- Be an Ohio-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in good standing. We do not provide funding to individuals.
- Submit a completed application. Click the link below to download a copy of the grant application (PDF file).
Process and Timeline
Applications will be accepted beginning May 1, 2022 and must be received by Ohio Animal Foundation by June 1, 2022. All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by our Grants Committee. The Grants Committee will then make funding recommendations to the full Ohio Animal Foundation Board of Directors at our August board meeting.
Grant applicants will be notified of their application status via email following the August board meeting. Grant funds will be issued by October 31, 2022. A short grant report will be required when grant funds are spent, or by January 31, 2024.