Thank you for your interest in our grant program!
Our 2023 grant application period opens May 1. Applications must be received by June 1. Grant awards will be announced in August/September. Our average grant award is in the range of $250-$500.
We have identified the following fields of interest for funding:
1) Rescue and Shelter Services
- Includes services for domestic/companion/farm animals
- Includes programs for feral/community cats
2) Wildlife Protection, Education and Rehabilitation Programs
To be considered for a grant from Ohio Animal Foundation an organization must:
- Be an Ohio-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in good standing. We do not provide funding to individuals.
- Submit a completed application. The 2023 application will be posted soon.
Process and Timeline
Applications will be accepted beginning May 1, 2023 and must be received by Ohio Animal Foundation by June 1, 2023. All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by our Grants Committee. The Grants Committee will then make funding recommendations to the full Ohio Animal Foundation Board of Directors at our August board meeting.
Grant applicants will be notified of their application status via email following the August board meeting. Grant funds will be issued by October 31, 2023. A short grant report will be required when grant funds are spent, or by December 31, 2024.