Thank you for your interest in our grant program!
Our 2023 grant cycle is now closed. The 2024 grant application period will open May 1. The typical grant range is $250-$500.
We have identified the following fields of interest for funding:
1) Rescue and Shelter Services
- Includes services for domestic/companion/farm animals
- Includes programs for feral/community cats
2) Wildlife Protection, Education and Rehabilitation Programs
To be considered for a grant from Ohio Animal Foundation an organization must:
- Be an Ohio-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in good standing. We do not provide funding to individuals.
- Submit a completed application. Click here to download the 2023 grant application form.
Process and Timeline
Applications will be accepted beginning May 1, 2024 and must be received by Ohio Animal Foundation by June 1, 2024. All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by our Grants Committee. The Grants Committee will then make funding recommendations to the full Ohio Animal Foundation Board of Directors at our August board meeting.
Grant applicants will be notified of their application status via email following the August board meeting. Grant funds will be issued by October 31, 2024. A short grant report will be required when grant funds are spent, or by December 31, 2025 for the 2024 grant cycle.